Saturday, October 15, 2011

First [Post]

Well, here we are. The moment that no one (besides me) has been waiting for: my first blog post. I can only assume that this specific post will be more thoroughly read from future readers hoping to get "caught up" on all of the seemingly profound things that I will inevitably neglect to say, so to you I must apologize. But, I'm getting carried away. Welcome, readers, to my first attempt at blogging. But first, a little housekeeping:

1) The title of this blog is in reverence to my favorite band, My Morning Jacket. I ended up having to choose between My Morning Blogette and The Daily Blog-a reference to the daily what- but the tipping point ended up being the URL availability.

2) This blog, contrary to its title, will not focus solely, or even predominantly upon music. That being said, as an ardent indie music listener, my love of pretentious rock and [insert obscure genre such as dieselpunk or mathcore] will creep through from time to time, even in specific posts dedicated towards music.

3) This blog will only very rarely discuss politics. I don't want to alienate any of my readers, and to be quite frank the next guy has generally been the same as the last guy during my lifetime, so I suppose it's somewhat of a mute point anyways. Actually, it might discuss politics- but not American politics. Fair enough? Neat-o.

So... in short, thank you for your partially rapt attention. Hopefully I will explore at least a couple of avenues that might interest you.

I think we're going to be friends.

Blogette.

No comments:

Post a Comment